Asparagus + leek + mushroom risotto
March 28, 2010
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups water
- .5 large onion
- 1 leek
- 1 bunch asparagus, grilled at 400F for 10 minutes
- .5 cup dried mushrooms, reconstituted
- salt, pepper, parmesan to taste
- Saute the onion until golden brown.
- Add rice; stir dreamily for a couple of minutes.
- Add the first 3 cups of water one by one, stirring regularly and replenishing the liquid as soon as it starts getting puny. I know that this seems like a nuisance–but it won’t be, really, if you’re chopping the leeks and watching Rachel Maddow along the way.
- Dump in another cup of water, along with the leeks and mushrooms.
- You will know when the final cup is needed, just as everything is starting to look almost done.
- Top with asparagus and parmesan.