Kale + barley soup
November 3, 2009
While this soup did not bring that stolen hour of daylight back, it did make me feel a touch better. Here, you try:
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of barley
- 1 bunch of kale
- ~7-8 cups of water
- salt, pepper, parsley, tarragon, thyme to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, carrot, and seasonings. Add barley and swirl it around distractedly for a minute or so.
- Add water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for ~25 minutes.
- Toss in the coarsely chopped kale. Simmer for another ~20 minutes, until it’s all soft and lovely.