October 19, 2009
Hello, slow cooker. Getting you out of storage was the only upside to the rude chill that descended upon us last week. So, let’s make Moroccan chicken as the inaugural dish of the season, shall we?
1) First, we will unceremoniously combine:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow and 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon, cut in half
2) Then, we will add:
(How much, you ask? Well, it’s darn hard to go wrong; however, half a teaspoon of everything is a good starting place. It will be easy to add more later, if needed.)
3) Now the lid goes on and the magic happens. Three hours on high will get the job done, but I bet this lovely concoction could also just as happily simmer all day on low.
- Great with couscous and cilantro.
- The lemon halves, while not meant to be eaten, can provide a great deal of amusement if craftily hidden in someone else’s bowl.