Futsu, who knew I’d love you?
October 12, 2009
I admit, I bought a futsu squash mostly because:
a) It’s fun to say;
b) It goes well with my kitty.
Turns out, though, it’s a tasty little devil! Here’s what you do:
1) Wash it and put it into a bowl. Admire.
2) Poke it with a fork quite a few times.
3) Microwave for 10-12 minutes.
4) Let it cool.
5) You may be compelled to start harassing the irresistible, delicious-smelling futsu after, say, 5 minutes. Don’t. I would have taken a picture of my burned fingers had I been able to hold the camera.
6) Once it’s cool, peel off the skin and take out the seeds. Husbands are good for this step.
7) The futsu will mostly mash itself while being peeled. Leave it in the original bowl and add your favorite seasonings.