February 28, 2010
February graced us with:
- 1 bout of stomach flu
- 1 death in the family
- 1 week of construction
- 1 visit of Very Important Business Partners From Abroad
Here’s an example of what sustained us on those many nights when we barely had enough energy to wield a paring knife for 30 seconds:
Arugula + black bean + corn salad with roasted garlic
- .5 lb frozen corn, cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 fistful arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1 head garlic
- olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
- Cut off the top of each garlic clove and drizzle with oil.
- Roast the garlic at 400F for 30 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting, throw the corn, beans, and arugula together and top with avocado. Splash with a touch of olive oil and balsamic vinegar; add salt and pepper to taste.