January 18, 2010
What was that, reader? Not enough animal flesh chez Onepot? Well, does a bird’s breast count? If so, this one is for you: a dish inspired by two chicken breasts in desperate search of a recipe following their eviction from out of our soon-to-be defrosted freezer. (Hello, obscenely expensive refrigerator repairs!)
Baked chicken with pesto + yellow peppers + olives + tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- a handful of black olives
- Cut the first three ingredients into strips and toss with pesto.
- Bake at 400F (if your oven is puny like mine… but perhaps yours would tackle this even at 375F?) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cover with olives and tomatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Admire the prettiness! (Accompanying couscous and green salad highly recommended, but certainly not required.)