December 15, 2009
Perhaps you were hoping I’d finally run out of hazelnuts? Not so fast! (Just be glad I’m taking a break from my smoked paprika obsession.)
Golden beet salad with hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- 2 medium beets, cut into stripes
- 2-3 fistfuls salad greens
- olive oil, balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Toss beets with olive oil and ~1/3 tsp salt.
- Roast at 375F for 20 minutes. Check whether another 5 or so minutes are warranted.
- Toss with salad greens, hazelnuts, and a splash of vinegar.