Polenta interpretations: pesto + chevre
October 22, 2009
Ah, polenta… Transforming water and yellow dust into bowlfuls of pure joy in less than 15 minutes is nothing short of magic.
Today, because it’s raw out and I need all the comfort I can get, we will go with a slightly decadent version:
- 1 cup of polenta (the coarsely ground kind; the finely ground version will turn into caulk if prepared like this)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- 1 walnut-size piece of chevre
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir in the polenta.
- Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let your polenta rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto and cheese.
Eat it alone! Or perhaps you’d rather try it with a poached egg and some vegetables? Or with salmon? (This last one will really impress that snooty friend, I promise.)